About Me

My photo
Im one of the Hottest, Crazziest, Fun Loving Girls from the BX..Im a Girly Girl who loves to look fly, be around positive people and have a good time. Im down to earth eventhough Im kinda saddidy sometimes. I can be ghetto but I have class and Im such a LADY.. I try to stay true and keep a good head on my shoulders..WHAT MORE CAN I SAY BUT GET TO KNOW ME.....

Monday, January 26, 2009

"You Control Your Happiness"


I went to NC (North Carolina) this past weekend to my cuz baby shower and basically get a break from the hustle of NY..Lately I haven't really had a lot of time to dwell on myself and the simple things in life..So as I travel on the greyhound for 16 hrs to my destination I had a time to reflect on myself and what's going on in Damo's World and of course get much rest as possible..To make a long story short I realized I'm truly blessed and happy. Yes we let the little things overcome the fortunes we are blessed with and the opportunities that come about..It made me dwell on the things I can control and I found out all the things that I need are right here, I just haven't been using the tools and blueprint I was given correctly..Once I arrived in NC my fam and I went to dinner that nite (Chinese restaurant) and I always read my fortune cookies..I always pick the one that pointing in my direction and this is what it said "Traveling to the south will bring you unexpected happiness". I mean what more can I say on that matter. At my moms house I was going thru her magazines so I could have some reading material on my way back home on the Amtrak I came across "Essence" magazine with Gabrielle Union on it looking fierce with her new hair cut..(I recently cut my hair also) so I became instantly interested..As I looked through the magazine I came across this article named "the pursuit of happiness" let me tell you this blew me away..please if u can find this issue please do so "July 2008" issue. Basically its a article about YOUR HAPPINESS and fulfill your life and dreams. There is a quiz to test your happiness and then u access ur score n evaluate what's the changes n advice to keep you happy. I loved 2 parts of this article one is "The Seven Habits of Happy People" 1. Hang out with joyous people 2. Move consistently toward your goals 3. Meditate on your blessings 4. Be good to yourself 5. Connect..Connect..Connect.. 6. Go to Church-any Church 7.Give and Forgive and "Find Your Bliss" which a fill-in sheet that you write down about a more-than ordinary day..u make copies of this paper and every time u have a peak experience u write about it..this is something that I will practice and I suggest everyone should. To remind us of those happy moments in our lives. We are so quick to talk about the negative things that we simply forget about what's important in life..OUR HAPPINESS..As I conclude this blog that turned into a article itself I leave you with a few quotes from this issue...


"Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get, you've got to make yourself" -Alice Walker"


If you are unhappy with anything, whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creatively, your true self, comes out"

-Tina Turner


Words from the Heart

Damo

2 comments:

Adina said...

This is an awesome blog!! Great job...Those quotes touch home and have tons of meaning to it. A lot of us tend to focus things which have no importance and forget about the major things like life, health, and pure happiness. I'm glad you've come full circle and look forward to seeing you down your road of pure positivity :)

Ms. T said...

Great blog

Become a follower of my blog
www.avalleyofhearts.blogspot.com

Thanks
Ms T.