About Me

My photo
Im one of the Hottest, Crazziest, Fun Loving Girls from the BX..Im a Girly Girl who loves to look fly, be around positive people and have a good time. Im down to earth eventhough Im kinda saddidy sometimes. I can be ghetto but I have class and Im such a LADY.. I try to stay true and keep a good head on my shoulders..WHAT MORE CAN I SAY BUT GET TO KNOW ME.....

Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Second Chances"


In the 09, I recently just received 2 second changes.... First, last month I had the wonderful experience and opportunity to work with Ankh Ra (vocal coach from Making the Band 4) in a vocal workshop and then compete for a chance to be in his showcase. Anyone who knows me, knows that I wanna SING...That's my true happiness, The air I breathe. The workshop was such a wake-up call for me to stop dwelling on the reasons why I ain't make it yet and focus on how I will get there NOW. I'm kinda glad I didn't make the showcase because I wasn't ready. So I received a email stating that I was chosen for another workshop next month and to compete for the showcase in March. I am soooo HAPPY!!! The tools and fundamentals I learned from the first workshop I can apply them to this next workshop and definitely give it my TRUE ALL and I guaranteed that I will be in this showcase. This is MY DESTINY.




My 2nd Second Chance is kinda two way thing like I'm giving him a second chance and he is giving me a second chance. We are just getting to know each other deeper. Starting fresh I guess you can say. I'm giving him this opportunity because not like alot people in my life he has learned how to forgive and move on forward because he sees the person that I am and understands where I'm coming from. I learned from him that you must give things TIME. "Time is the Biggest Weapon and My Arsenal ;)". In time you will see people worth and you will see if things will stay or slowly move away. I don't need people who will dip in and out of my life, I need a friend who is going to be there through the thick and thin. Only a few people that I can count on my fingers I can truly depend on and know they got my back and he is added to the list.


Since I been given Second Chances, it only right that I give someone a second chance. What you are given, you must give back to someone else I feel. I'm giving my Moms a second chance, she deserves it. We all think our parents are suppose to be perfect and just understand and support everything we do. Well reality check, they don't. My mom has never really supported "My Music". She always thought that it was some pipe dream of mines. Throughout the last couple of years our relationship has suffered because of it. I became distant and resentful towards her not intentionally but she hurt me by not supporting me and basically believing in me. It took a toll on my confidence and till this day in my beliefs of making it. After all that, she is slowly coming around and being supportive. Most importantly believing that I can make it. At first, I didn't except that fact and had no faith in her support. I never really thought it was true, genuine. I see now that she is true and that she sees that this is who I am, My DESTINY. She knows that she has to be apart of it or it wouldn't be the same. I could never see myself making it without her by my side. So as I write this and let go of all the things she may said and the things I said, its not worth living it unless you have the people around you that you love sharing it with you.

1 comment:

Adina said...

Nice blog!!! Good luck @ the Showcase & continue to think positive :)